Collaborative learning - when interaction with other's thoughts is at its best

My journey through ONL keeps providing lots of food for thought about many different issues. Reflecting on my own ways of learning and on how our PBL-group is evolving is an important part of this educational exercise. Another significant part consists of being introduced to tools and resources that I had only heard about before but never used, and some that I even had not heard about and that turn out to be fascinating and useful.

The week of reflection and catching up passed very quickly. I spent some time reading and getting inspired by the blogs of other course participants. I did some digging in the library's resources and found interesting articles and then I found myself thinking about the enormous amount of knowledge that is continuously being produced in the field of teaching and learning. I was also fascinated by the speed of publications and resources that eminated from the present Corona-on-the-agenda circumstances. Since I have a very associative mind, I found myself wondering off to reflection in different directions: practical hands-on issues as well as more principle-based reasoning about learning environments, networking and communities of practice.

Working on Topic 3 is very interesting and it's fascinating to see how many different aspects can be touched upon under the title "networked collaborative learning". In an earlier blog I wrote that I like anagrams. I also like metaphors. When thinking about networked collaborative learning and the work in our PBL-group, I see in my mind a necklace of pearls. Each pearl is pretty but it's first when all the pearls are threaded on one string that they can be used as a necklace. The necklace is a product that needed attention and effort to be produced. The only thing that does not fit the metaphor is the fact that the pearls do not create any relationship among themselves while people in a group a heavily dependent on the relationships they build when engaging in collaborative learning.

Kommentarer

  1. Great metaphor. Digital tools offer an enormous scope for creativity in teaching and learning, yet so many educators still dismiss digital spaces as mechanical and unsocial.

    SvaraRadera

Skicka en kommentar

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Pathways for networked collaborative learning

ONL-inspiration